QUestions in English

This is the right place to talk in English or any other language you would like to. But please do not expect, that we will understand every language. :)
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

What a long post...well, here's the answer:
1. But this way, the player has always something he can do. So he won't lose interest so fast, if he hangs. He can decide to search some things and then return back to the main story.
2. There aren't so many quests, where you need to fight. Some of them need diffenrent fight technics with low level characters, but we never planed to create final enemies like in many Japenese RPGs (you know, those you can't hardly beat).
3. You should always be able to do something. As we had not more time for more side quests, we gave the player some possibilities to fight.
4. + 5. Some things to get the player acting more real - that means don't eat until you can't move anymore or fighting hard makes you tired. Haven't tried several bear or joints yet, huh?
6. Follow the path of enlightment, or: only flying (falling down (but I dunno, if there is an English word with the mean of flying and with the word down meaning falling down)) is more beautifull.
7. Let's see, what's possible :)
8. This dialog was part of an alternative story. But we didn't implement it and ... we should have removed this answer...
9. The player must learn some basic things, but he isn't limited to a single class. He will be able to be a warrior. Don't worry.
10. He sells armors, doesn't he?
11. You aren't the only costumer :) and you need of somethings two...
12. We created our own gods. The will be more important in the sequel, but the players would kill us, if they must hear 1 or 2 hours of introducing to the gods when they play the short mod ;)
13. It's a different world and those links where just for some Gothic fans :)
14. If the player thinks, that he must power up his character, he must show, that his body is far enough to hunt an orc. The orc isn't stupid and comes to be killed...
15. Hihi, there are some waypoints where Koll is teleported to get the player hurry. It's possible, that he would have got the map if you had talked to him/the guy there. You must run the direkt way to win this race - but if you loose, there are some things you can do...
16. There are some sucking things in the Gothic fighting system and we will change it definitly. One of our reasons to change :) (Haven't you swung your sword through 5 enemies without hurting one and such annoying things?)

I managed to come through your post :)

PS: You must learn German up to then ;) We can't develop multilangual, sorry. The translations will follow as with Diccuric1.
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

Let me start with your post:

2. That's exactly what I was saying - you must make this big quest into several smaller ones, or somehow point the player in the right direction, otherwise you risk people to find that place a lot later than you intended (and a lot stronger, too)

3. I take it that in the sequel, there will be more quests, and the general difficulty of the game will be increased?

10. Yes, he sells armors, but that is another dialog line. The simple "shop" has no use, taking into consideration what he sells.

And now, the new ones:

1. Are "Lea scavangers" your creation?

2. There should be more than one pickaxe in the game :P

3. And some sort of stove, or campfire, but somewhere more accesible - I nearly developed horns eating veggies. (You could make a stove at the farm, and a quest so that the woman let's you use it)

4. After I got the mages out of the cave, they took off to the place where I found Lagariman, but he remained there. Is that how it's supposed to be?

5. There is a chest in the mages' cave that's not selectable.

6. Graveyarn should be stonger - I had to run in front of him so the razors and orcs didn't kill the poor fella.

7. I should be able to learn to take minecrawler plates.

8. The journal should be updated after each section in a quest. This would inform the player of the current status of his endeavor.

9. After I got back the amulet from that mercenary guy, I had an option to...sniff sniff...end Diccuric. Is that the end if I choose to follow Berengar eventually?

10. Tunnels and stairs in the castle should be wider. It's really stressful how "tight" they are.

11. When I pressed the button on the fire pillar in the castle I could hear the sound, but that wall didn't move - and I could not walk through it. (It was open because that's how I got there)

12. There is a small problem of which you should be made aware - after I installed Diccuric, my english Gothic (original version) turned german :P. I mean, I still have the english speech, but everything that is written is in german.

13. I noticed that some new weapons, amulets and stuff appeared - the new amulets though, seem weaker than the old ones - somehow their order of appearance should be changed - the amulet of ore skin is the best one, so it should appear last.

14. I know I said this before, but I feel I must repeat it (to make sure :P). The merchants should "get" new merchandise a lot slower. The armor dealers should get armors gradually. You should go through all the weapons, armors, rings and amulets - and slow enough to make the player buy as many of them as possible. Now, for instance, I have too many silver, and nothig to buy with it.

15. After I returned all the amulets to Taliasan, he offered to teach me the first two circles of magic. I guess Lagariman does that too - what is the point of receiving a reward for a quest something you can get anyway?
Also, the players that want to follow a mage's path have a serious disadvantage, the acces to teachers and such for this path is very late, thus forcing the player to increase stats he is not interested in - such as strength.

16. Relly cute robe I found near the tree house :D. I love it!

I guess this is it then - Lagariman doesn't give me any quests - he told me to find a hiding place for the mages - but Ardaric feels he has to wait to complete that quest. The test of spirit I can't get either.
I got a quest from Berengar I kinda solved by giving the amulet to Graveyarn. (But it didn't get out of my inventory) By the way - should I have kept the amulet and give it to Lagariman?
Is it over? Please tell me it's not over!!!
It was a great game fellows, and I must admit you certainly have the skills (I remebered - giant scavanger lol :))). I hope the sequel will come soon and I am confident you will live up to our expectations. Good work and god speed!

p.s. Don't make me have to kill Graveyarn, cause I like that guy!
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

1.2 we know about that problem and we will change those designs in future releases. we gave the player too much freedom
1.3 we will have to recreate the complete difficulty settings, so expect something different
1.10 It's just a little shop for the small castle and he offers just some basics things. Don't you exepect, that we created some guys or options just for atmosphere? There are some things, that you can call nonsense, but those things are important to create a believable world.
2.1 Harri implemented it, but I dunno (shame over me ;) ), if he created it or not...
2.2 For whom? ;)I
2.3 You get a sleeping bag for regeneration and should use it. A wound is not healed by eating some food, this needs some time for regeneration.
2.4 They should all meet at the same place...but it doesn't matter (for quests)...
2.5 Sure? Never heard of that yet...
2.6 Hmmm... normally he is warped to the mine, because no one walks together with him to the mine. But if you do and the enemies growed so strong, it is your task to clear the way.
2.7 There is no guy to make an armor from them. So you won't need them.
2.8 We added a lot of journal entries at the betatest. Be happy not to have played one of the first versions of Diccuric. There you must record most things yourself. But now, the most important things are recorded and that's fine.
2.9 This is the end of Diccuric. But there were some guys asking us for the possibility to do some last jobs after finishing Diccuric. So we gave the player the option to end Diccuric, when he is ready.
2.10 We wanted the castle to be hard to be accessed. It's mostly a secret place, so it isn't easy to move through it.
2. 11 The castle is some kind of uncomplete. Yeah, I know, that sucks. But hey, a complete designed castle is something you could look forward to at our full game ;)
2.12 This couldn't actually happen. We didn't add any Gothic files to Diccuric. But I can think of what could be the reason. I'm right, that you downladed the German player kit and use it to play? There is one additional package included to leave Gothic accessable. Just a simple idea and I don't know, if it is working for you. Try to activate the checkbox "Try physical files first" to start the original game (you don't create Gothic mods, do you?), then Gothic should load the original files. If not, you must create a modfile with the English version. I'll explain it to you, if it is necessary.
2.13 The player should choose himself, when he is ready to wear this stuff. The change of attributes should have been integerated for every weapon/armory things, then it would have been more consequent. But I think, that it's okay this way and we will think about this system for the game.
2.14 We'll think about it in future.
2.15 Lagariman shouldn't offer this raise of magical circles. But those teachers can be accessed from the beginning, it's free to you, when you try to solve the quests for that way.

Yeah, you finished Diccuric, Graveyarn offers you to end the game. The entries to journal of those uncompleteable quests inform you about the situation, that you will have to play the sequel of Diccuric to play them.
For the mod, there is no alternative way as giving the amulett to Graveyarn.
Yeah, it's over, sorry. Expect more for the sequel. Now I hope, that we cought your eyes to our projects and hope, that you won't forget us until we are able to release the next thing.

Thank you!

ps: we try our best to give you an arrestingly story and let yourself surprise, how the plot will develop.
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

Moe hat geschrieben:2.1 Harri implemented it, but I dunno (shame over me :wink: ), if he created it or not...
The Lea Scavengers appear in the Add On "The Night of the Raven" for Gothic 2.
You did not play that, Moe? :shock:
Moe hat geschrieben:2.6 Hmmm... normally he is warped to the mine, because no one walks together with him to the mine. But if you do and the enemies growed so strong, it is your task to clear the way.
You have to follow Graveyarn to the mine. And yes, you have to protect him.
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

Freddy hat geschrieben:
Moe hat geschrieben:2.1 Harri implemented it, but I dunno (shame over me :wink: ), if he created it or not...
The Lea Scavengers appear in the Add On "The Night of the Raven" for Gothic 2.
You did not play that, Moe? :shock:
Actually, I played it once until the g2 story was left. But this is now long ago. The whole development process of Diccuric doesn't give me a lot of time to play games, so don't expect from me to know a lot of details from games I played :wink:
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Do you know release date of diccuric part 2?
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

no, but it is sure, that it won't be in the nearest future
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

What a pity
leo

Beitrag von leo »

1) Can anybody translate "The Moriarti diary"? It is in Deutsch :-( And is usefull or important Moriarti's Goldbrosche?

2) Does anybody teach extraction of Swampshark's and Troll's teeth? And the horn of the Shadowbeast?

3) When I played Diccuric for the first time, I found Ring of Greater Invincibility somewhere in the country. (I did not remember where :? ). Now I trying to play for the second time and ring is not anywhere. I bought one ring from the merchant Fisk, but the second I cannot find. Does anybody know, where it is? Thanks a lot
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

1. I don't have the text by the hand, sorry. I'm still working on the translation to get it completed.
2. Did you ask the guy at Haril, who teaches those things?
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

1. That diary is very hard to translate. I tried it:

Diary

Day 21:
Even if I have to slay every of those rats which made me frightened 3 weeks ago, I have to return to this barn! There is no other exit!
Now I own a weapon. With it I should be able to the protect myself against the claws of these gnawers. But even the best weapon will not be able to find the right way.

Day 22:
I have overcome even greater difficulties. I have deafeated even stronger enemies. And I will not surrender to this epoche of dark barbarism.

Day 23:
The bushes where I could hide rescued me. These heavy armed troops of warriors sometimes apear so very abrupt, that it is hard for me to remain undetected.
I should better trust my instinct and don't talk to them!

Day 24:
All my research is without results.
I cannot find any evidence, no clues that let me prove that swindle and illusion are the bases of this world.

Diary in German (click)

The "Goldbrosche" is not really a simple golden brooch.... :wink:

2. You cannot learn that. Kalixtus at Haril only teaches to take trophies from ordinary animals.
leo

Beitrag von leo »

Thanks Freddy, very much. Thanks for autors of Diccuric too.
Vasilisa

book for Slade

Beitrag von Vasilisa »

A lot of thanks for your mod!!! Quests are so interesting! I really like to think, not only to fight!

I have a question concerning the book for Slade quest.

Is the only way to solve this quest to give Slade the wine and the book about Mania from Taliasan's house? Is it possible to find somewhere the book Slade really wants?? There is some book about Magic in one house upper than Taliasan’s one. Is this the book that Slade needs or it will be used in some other quest?
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

You can give only the "wrong" book and the wine to Slade.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

i can't find graveyarn....where the hell is he?!
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

If you come from the castle, you must go down the first stairs and look on your left side at the marketplace and near the blacksmith.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

where can i find the cartographer for graveyarn quest?
Marcus
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Marcus »

look at this...

http://www.gothic-gob.de/downloads/dicc/karte1.jpg

the location is named "Kartenzeichner"
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

hi
will i ever find a bow or a crossbow in diccuric?
congratulations for the mod,it's really great.you should translate your site in italian too,many of usa are playing this excellent mod 8)
GrifisITA
Beitrag von GrifisITA »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:hi
will i ever find a bow or a crossbow in diccuric?
congratulations for the mod,it's really great.you should translate your site in italian too,many of usa are playing this excellent mod 8)
ehm i forgot to login,it was me :)
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

HI ,i'm making the second Lamariman test, i gotta look for a cave to find some magician of meridian's order,but i really can't find it...can you help me?
lojbab

English speaker trying Diccuric, but stuck

Beitrag von lojbab »

New to Gothic and finished Gothic 1, then discovered Diccuric.

I have been playing 4 days, and am worried that something has happened to break the story.

While on the quest to race Koll for the map, he was running ahead of me because he starts running while the race is still being explained (and he knows where to go, unlike me). I lost sight of him, and then saw him again fighting goblins who had surrounded him. He was killed by them before I got there. I got the map and obviously won the race.

Now Beringer says I am supposed to fight Koll in the Arena, but since he is dead, he is not there. No one talks to me about new quests. Can the game be completed, or must I replay the game and find some way to keep Koll from being killed? How do I continue?

lojbab@lojban.org
Ondo

Re: English speaker trying Diccuric, but stuck

Beitrag von Ondo »

lojbab hat geschrieben: Now Beringer says I am supposed to fight Koll in the Arena, but since he is dead, he is not there. No one talks to me about new quests. Can the game be completed, or must I replay the game and find some way to keep Koll from being killed? How do I continue?
In this link
http://www.diccuric.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... koll#10976
it is advised (in German language) to go to the arena and there insert Koll in the Marvin-mode. I'm not 100% sure what the insert code for Koll is, but try with 'DIC_2031_Koll'.

To enter the Marvin-mode press the following keys:

Code: Alles auswählen

B M A R V I N B
and then press F2 to open the console. Type this:

insert DIC_2031_Koll
Leave the Marvin-mode by pressing the keys

B 4 2 B
Please write back whether this procedure worked or not.
lojbab

Koll patch worked - More questions

Beitrag von lojbab »

Please write back whether this procedure worked or not.
It took several tries, before I found on a website that the underscore character on the German keyboard is a question mark on the English keyboard. Once I did that, Koll appeared and I finished that quest.

(I still have not gotten the next task, but Berenger said it would be a few days).

New questions:
1 Once i have a recipe and ingredients, how do I brew a potion? The German walkthrough seems to mention an alchemy table, and there is something that might be one of those in Taliasan's room. But I don't know what to do with the ingredients and the recipe in order to brew the potion. Indeed, other than equipping items and spells, I do not know how to use any items in my inventory.

2 There is a recipe for a potion to cure Hamond, but the translation seems to have a problem. It lists 5 hell mushrooms four times and 1 fire tongue two times. The walkthrough in describing the task mentions other ingredients that are needed (which I think are grave moss, mountain moss, maybe stone root, blood fly stingers) but does not say how many of each thing is needed. Can you gve the correct list of ingredients, and how many of each?

3 Someone else above has mentioned something that suggests that you can cook raw meat somewhere. If I find this place, how will I know it, and how do I actually cook the meat in that place?

Thank you very much for your assistance!! The game is excellent.

lojbab
Ondo

Re: Koll patch worked - More questions

Beitrag von Ondo »

lojbab hat geschrieben: It took several tries, before I found on a website that the underscore character on the German keyboard is a question mark on the English keyboard. Once I did that, Koll appeared and I finished that quest.
I'm glad to hear that it worked. During the week I'm away from home and cannot check the game-related stuff, so I wasn't sure if I had gave you the correct insert code for Koll.

(1) I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you play the game without even using the food items (eating)? To use an interactive object (for example a bed, or an alchemy lab table, or a frying pan), first get it into your focus by turning to it. (When in focus, it becomes highlighted. Some objects, for example 'Bed', also show their name; others don't.) Then, for some objects it suffices just to press LMB - the Left Mouse Button (or the CTRL key, if you play with keyboard only), for example: an alchemy lab. For other interactive objects you must press the 'W' key (or 'up' arrow) and LMB (or the CTRL key), for example: a bed.
But before you can brew a potion on the alchemy lab, you must first read its recipe and have an empty lab flask and other ingredients.
You can use items in the inventory in the same way you equip/unequip armor and spells: hold LMB (or CTRL) and press Forward ('W' or 'up' key).

There is another house in Parthalan city with an alchemy lab - to get there, enter Marvin mode and try this:

toggle waynet
goto waypoint stadt_weg_050
insert kl_mana_rezept
(2) Oops, you're correct... I'll report the mistake to Diccuric authors. Here is the correct ingredient list:
5 Hell Mushrooms
1 Rock Moss
1 Grave Moss
2 Stone Roots
1 Tongue of a Fire Lizard
2 Stings of a Blood Fly
3 rice liquors
(5 Höllenpilze, 1 Bergmoos, 1 Grabmoos, 2 Steinwurzel, 1 Flammenzunge eines Feuerwarans, 2 Stacheln einer Blutfliege und 3 Reisschnaps.)
But you don't brew this potion yourself, you just give the ingredients to Taliasan and you'll get the potion from him later. (Fire-lizard tongue and bloodfly sting are quite hard to get, though. The tongue is in the chest inside the cave of the brooding lurker, and some stings are on the distant farm in the swamp...)

(3) To roast raw meat, use a pan over small fire. (One of the pans in the original Gothic is in the Old Camp near the spot where Mordrag stands. Go to http://mondgesaenge.de/G1DB/ , under Guides select 'Gegenstandsbenutzung' and then select '14. Braten' to see how it looks like. The picture of it is now temporarily my avatar.) Turn towards the pan to get it ino focus. Press and hold LMB (or CTRL key) to kneel by it. While still holding LMB (or CTRL), press 'W' (or 'up' arrow key) once to start frying and again once to stop frying. (By repeatedly pressing 'W' or 'up' you can fry more than one piece of meat. For each piece of raw meat you must press 'up' or 'W' twice.) When you release LMB (or CTRL), you stand up and stop using the pan. In Diccuric there seems to be only one such pan, in a certain cave. In Gothic, these frying pans are quite numerous.
The game is excellent.
I completely agree.
Antworten