QUestions in English

This is the right place to talk in English or any other language you would like to. But please do not expect, that we will understand every language. :)
J.S.
QUestions in English

Beitrag von J.S. »

So if you have questions about the mod or you can't solve a quest then ask for help here :=
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

First of all a nice Hello! to everybody. You' ve done a great job with this mod - as far as I was able to see. Now my questions:
1. Where can I buy a map?
2. How is the Underwater Plant quest supposed to be done? Because I think I took advantage of a bug to complete it - I left the lake through the right side (as you watch towards Alwin) and I ran through some Scavangers, and up a tree onto a sort of hill. And the merc got stuck at the buttom, and I jumped on the other side and talked straight to Alwin.
3. Regarding the steel crate - if I don't fall of the bridge - do I miss some part of the plot? If I drop the crate in the river - is there a way to get it out?
4. The first quest from Graveyan:
4.1. Where is the "platform" where the workers are supposed to be? (the foreman sends me there)
4.2. Where is the "Warehouse" with the workers that buy crack from Taliasan?
4.3. Can I solve both the quests for Graveyan and Taliasan? If yes, in what sequence?
5. Where is the guy who is supposed to lend me the "Rethoric" Book? Is that actually going to help me persuade other caracters better?
6. Is it possible to fail certain quests if you don't follow their intended sequence?
7. Where can I fry meat?

Thanks fellows! Please reply soon. And if I misspeled some names - sorry , but I'm not used to them yet :P.
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

1. Where can I buy a map?
After solving the quests from Taliasan or Graveyarn, Homer will sell one.
2. How is the Underwater Plant quest supposed to be done? Because I think I took advantage of a bug to complete it - I left the lake through the right side (as you watch towards Alwin) and I ran through some Scavangers, and up a tree onto a sort of hill. And the merc got stuck at the buttom, and I jumped on the other side and talked straight to Alwin.
You have to find the plants quickly (before the mercenary appears). Take a look at this screenshot (click). The plants are marked.
3. Regarding the steel crate - if I don't fall of the bridge - do I miss some part of the plot? If I drop the crate in the river - is there a way to get it out?
This is a gag. You won't be able to get it out of the lake (finishing the quest on this way will cause no problem). Next time wait until the smith is working in the city.
4. The first quest from Graveyan:
4.1. Where is the "platform" where the workers are supposed to be? (the foreman sends me there)
When you leave the city, go right. You will see it soon on the right side.
4.2. Where is the "Warehouse" with the workers that buy crack from Taliasan?
Sorry, don't know, what you mean. As I know there is none. When solving the quests for Taliasan you have to talk to Benchol. He want's to have new drugs.
4.3. Can I solve both the quests for Graveyan and Taliasan? If yes, in what sequence?
No, you have the choice between the two ways. Once you picked the quests for Taliasan, you cannot solve the quest for Graveyarn (and vice versa)
5. Where is the guy who is supposed to lend me the "Rethoric" Book? Is that actually going to help me persuade other caracters better?
His name is Fiebeler. When you are permitted to enter the fortress, you can find him there. It is only a quest and you will not take special advantages of that.
6. Is it possible to fail certain quests if you don't follow their intended sequence?
What do you mean exactly? There are some special dialogues. At Hamond for example: If you choose the the wrong answer, he will not teach you lock picking.
7. Where can I fry meat?
Later you will find a place where you can do that. But you don't need to do this - there are so many plants and fruits... :wink:
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

Ok. Thanks for the prompt reply guys! But I have some more :D
(I just made the quests for Graveyarn and spoke to Berengar, but I didn't find the Stranger yet, nor finished the Arena...and I still don't know the merchants...but don't tell me these thinks...my questions are below :P)Here goes:
1. the quest about my father - how does the "secret" dialogue trigger, because I tried to go there at night but those two don't speak a thing.
2. don't tell me when, I just want to know if it will be long until I get an armor...
3. are quests available from one chapter to the next?
4. the game crushes (exits to windows) kinda often - I have an XP 1800, 384 DDRAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and Windows XP - any suggestions?
5. will I have my own house?
6. can I forge swords?
7. if I want to fight 2-handed swords, how far must I go with the 1-hand training?

Thank you!

P.S. An english walkthrough would be nice :P
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

O. K., let's train my English! :D
1. the quest about my father - how does the "secret" dialogue trigger, because I tried to go there at night but those two don't speak a thing.
You'll have to sneak under the ramp. Finish the arena first...
2. don't tell me when, I just want to know if it will be long until I get an armor...
You'll have to buy or find new armor. At first you may buy an amulet and rings. To do that, you must have acess to the other merchants. One merchant has a special item that does not really fit to his other offers. Buy it and go to the next merchant.
3. are quests available from one chapter to the next?
There is only one chapter yet.
4. the game crushes (exits to windows) kinda often - I have an XP 1800, 384 DDRAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and Windows XP - any suggestions?
Put the sight at max. 200% or lower. Shut down every task you don't need at the moment (Firewall, virus scanner, ICQ...)
Perhaps there may be a Problem with the driver for your graphics card (I habe the same one and it works fine :) ) If you expect such a problem, try Detonator 45.23: http://www.nvidia.de/object/winxp-2k_45.23_de.html
Diccuric needs much more resources than Gothic 1.
5. will I have my own house?
You have one :wink: . It's the hut above the place where Taliasan does his exercises.
6. can I forge swords?
Only standard swords - nothing what is really of use.
7. if I want to fight 2-handed swords, how far must I go with the 1-hand training?
You'll have to be expert in 1-hand.
P.S. An english walkthrough would be nice
Perhaps someone will translate my complete solution :wink: : http://www.metger.net/diccuric/

edit: oh, hallo Moe :)
Zuletzt geändert von Freddy am Montag 17. Januar 2005, 23:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

1. you must be able to sneak and use this ability
2. you can buy (solve quests) and find them (look around)
3. there is only one big chapter
4. Try to disable hardware sound accelaration. If this doesn't help, you should try the "no anim" (disables nature animation) version, because you have only 384mb ram and winxp.
5. there is a house with personal things of the hero
6. only as far as gothic 1 allow it by standard - we had not enough time to recreate the forge scripts
7. you must master it (raise it two times)

you're welcome

p.s. feel free to write one, we will publish it here :)

[EDIT]Oh, Freddy was some seconds faster...*g*[/EDIT]
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Good - I like this mod better every day :D. Let's see what I have prepared for you today:

1. Who is that R - something guy in the forest, near the watchtower (where I started the game), because he won't speak with me.
2. When will I be able to find someone who can increase my strenght and/or dexterity - don't tell me the person, just the aproximative location :P
3. I can't find that Stranger guy and Alwin is going away...with who am I going to hang out now ??
4. Am I supposed to report to anyone about the Scout I found in the forest?
(Thanks for those stones :P)
5. I managed to get in the castle - it's like a friggin' maze in there, so don't ask me where - but I found an amulet...am I supposed to find it? (in some empty room with an armor hanging on the wall, a a waterpipe on the floor).
Anyway - I got to a nice igloo-like stucture and it teleported me in the middle of nowhere. I swam to an island with a sort of shipwreck on it (and two Black Warans) where I found a letter in German :? I couldn't beat those darn lizards so I load-ed the game - but I want to know if I'm not bypassing some plot-stuff.
6. Would you preffer those german-lines to be posted all at the end, or one bit at a time?
7. Can I beat up those jerks (the mercs who set me up with the wolves) without setting the whole camp on my head?
Thanks!
P.S. It really a blessing to be able to sleep in a proper bed - not in the figgin' cold, nor with those stinkin' bastards in the "hotel". When I'll finnaly get my hands on some fried meat, and skip this veggie - diet, I'll be in the 7'th Heaven....
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

Good - I like this mod better every day
Fine!

1. Rotrou is important while playing Taliasans way.
2. Perhaps after lunch you should visit a special place near the city walls (near the entrance of the city).
3. Do you remember the scavengers at the bridge? Go there and head right along the river.
4. Only under special circumstances: solving the quests for Taliasan and being caught with something special in your inventory :P
5. Congratulations, you have found a teleporter! Search for more amulets. You should report that discovery to a magician.
You may visit the island later, when you are strong enough.
6. That's a question for Moe. I think he would prefer a complete list.
7. Everybody wants to take revenge! :twisted: I hope it will be possible in Diccuric 2.

@P.S.: Later, somewhere deep in the mountains... :wink: (No, not in the mine).

P. S.: You may log on if the are posting, so we see who it is (otherwise you write as "guest")
Set a mark under your log in. Then a cookie ist set.

You may take a look at the thread "Aktualisiert- Tips, Tricks, Infos, Lehrer und Komplettlösung": http://www.my-cocktail.de/diccuric/phpB ... .php?t=502
At the post "Karten von Diccuric " you can find some maps for Diccuric (made by Heavyguard and in German of cause).
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

It was me all along - the first time, when I registered I assumed it logged me on automatically - that's the first "gast". The second one - yesterday - was a login - error on my behalf.
Now - if I'm boring with these daily posts tell me, I don't want to be pushy.
Anyway - I can't use the "full solution" because I don't speak any German yet.
Today I have something else for you:

1. I bought an armor, but when I put it on my strenght drops with the amount neccesary to wear the armor. Is this some sort of bug? Also I had a 47 strength score, and after I wore the armor once I had 51...this is a bug for sure :P.
2. I dropped the second teleport rune on the floor of my house - it's not going to dissapear, is it?
3. How am I supposed to make a living in this game? I mean I can't take the furs off the wolves, nor the claws or the teeth. I made some cash today forging swords though so it's not all that bad. There aren't many guys with weapons around yet, so I can't sell weapons either. (But I do know how to take the sting off bloodflies :P).
4. May I know if you (Freddy) are working for the TAGMT, and if you are, in what department :P (just curious)
5. I also have several suggestions/observations related to the game - where could I post those?
6. You mentioned Diccuric 2 - is it under construction? When will it be available?
Thanks for all the support!
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

Yeah - sorry about that...I hope I solved it now...
J.S.
Beitrag von J.S. »

wo are qorking on diccuric 2 with a new/other engine and we'll build everything by oureselves
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

If you have already a small list of German text lines, please mail it to me. Then I can go through my translation stuff and see, what things went wrong. Yeah, I could test myself, but the others would kill me, if I would decide to play Diccuric in all variants for weeks again and again ;)

To come to your new list of questions:
First of all, I think, that I installed an English lanuage pack for the board?
1. The lost of strength is a feature to let the player decide, if he prefers a strong armor or a strong weapon. A good armor is heavy, so you must use some of your strength to carry it. You thought at the point, that the first armor removes also some strength? (the sort of armor, which Ardaric wears at the beginning)
2. It shouldn't.
3. You can learn a lot in Diccuric. The point is, that those teachers wants you to do some things for them/there camp. There is a guy at the small castle, who teachs you taking furs, but before, you must complete the jobs at the farm.
4. He is one of our big fans and a great support for answering questions around Diccuric :)
5. Post them into the forum (when everyone should be able to see them) or just mail them to me (if only the developers should read your ideas)
6. Diccuric2 is just a working title. We plan to include the first part, so it isn't a true follower. But yes, it's under construction. But we can't tell yet, when it will be avaiable. We are creating a own game, which is independent of a game.

PS: You could camp with your sleeping bag everywhere - but beware, there are some surprises for wild camping ;)
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

At this time Moe was faster :wink:
It was me all along - the first time, when I registered I assumed it logged me on automatically - that's the first "gast". The second one - yesterday - was a login - error on my behalf.
That was no real complaint (I wrote as "gast" sometimes at myself). It only makes it easier.
Now - if I'm boring with these daily posts tell me, I don't want to be pushy.
If it would be boring, you wouldn't get any answers :P It's a good training of my English.
I know that many english speaking players also have questions. So they can find the answer here.
Taking a look at my homepage logs there are some requests from the translation tools of Altavista, Google and Yahoo. Unfortunately my sites are too big to be translatet completely by these tools. Furthermore the java script links aren't compatible with these tools. (I decided to use them for better navigation and not to spoiler too much.)
Anyway - I can't use the "full solution" because I don't speak any German yet.
At least you can use the maps. This site could be very helpful: http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
(It helped me very much writing these posts)
4. May I know if you (Freddy) are working for the TAGMT, and if you are, in what department Razz (just curious)
Moe already wrote it (thanks :D ).
With some help by Heavyguard and some others I wrote the solution. And now I'm something like a walking hintbook for Diccuric. :)
Thanks for all the support!

You're welcome!
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

1. If you make a sequel (Diccuric 2) will it be free?

2. I noticed some "under construction" signs across the world - those places will be available only in Diccuric 2?

3. I think there are many "named" people across the camp, but very few actually have anything to say to you if you are playing the "Graveyarn" way. You should make every "named" caracter give out at least a quest, so it won't be so frustrating trying to speak with them without succes. The first time they should give you a quest, no matter who you decided to join, and after that it's ok to take further part only in Taliasan's part of the story. Though I think that his way has a bit more quests and interactions that Graveyarn's - and I don't know if it is right.

4. Some areas aren't quite right - the castle, for instance - has no furniture - there are 10's of empty rooms, also some areas of the wilderness are "too much plain" - some furnishing could be done there also.

5. I would make the "enemies with weapons" more thick - and not goblins - some bandit encampment or something - ocasional raids, or something...(if there is a bandit encampent - I didn't find it yet :P)

6. In the "castle part" of the encampent - too few quests.

7. The weapon forging should be made a bit more complex - a smith teacher or something - if it doesn'e exist...

Now don't get me wrong - I love this game, and I understand it's in "progress", but these are just a couple of hints...

Now I remembered something else:

1. When I solved the quest with the ramp repair - Graveyarn's way, I went on solving his tasks, and now, I'm done with them, but I went to Taliasan recently and told him to help me with the tasks. He tells me that I must help him - but I can't say yes or no - and can't get rid of the quest from my journal either. (I think this is more of a bug-report :P)

2. I found the stranger. I talked to him. I assume that he will tell me something again after I solve some other quest - right? - now don't tell me just tell me if I'm right or I'm missing something.

3. The quest Berengar gave me - with those amulets...and the quest about my past - revolve around the caves around the camp - but Ardaric isn't strong enough to make it in those caves yet - at least my Ardaric can't fight all those darn wolves in the northern cave, nor the "brooding lurker", nor the hellhounds or the skeletons. You'll tell me to go exploring and get more experienced, but isn't the quest given a bit too soon? (just a hint - again).

4. If I want to become a mage or something - all I have to do is buy runes?

Thanks for the attention!
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

1.1 We plan to make Diccuric2 free (currently, we decided yet not to get money for it, but we did not yet decide, if we will open source code/meshes or something like that).
1.2 Yeah, the fans pushed us to release a first version of Diccuric. So we had not enough time to complete everything. You can see the mod as a huge demo version.
1.3 It would have been a lot more work and I dunno, if we would have released Diccuric yet, if we gave everyone a quest and finished the story. But you can be sure, that we will think at those points for the game. The two ways are crossing at some points, so not every person is only important for one way.
1.4 We know and we promise to do those things better in future.
1.5 This will be extended in future, too. The German guys pushed us to release Diccuric, so some parts didn't get as far as they should have been for a perfect game...
1.6 Yeah, the player looked forward to this part and gets only a handfull of quests. This will change in the game, too.
1.7 Another thing, that our timeline was to rough for.

We are happy for every critic as long as it is constructive as yours :)

2.1 I thought, that I deactivted the introducing dialog of Taliasan. Perhabs I will find time to create a last patch for those small scripting bugs, that are left to be fixed.
2.2 His quests depends also on your way to play. At some constructions, you need his help.
2.3 Diccuric is not Gothic. We don't push the player to fight everytime, sometimes it's better to rush in and out again without fighting and watch, what is happening. For example, try to get the egg of the breeding lurker and give it to Rotrou (without killing the lurker!). And enjoy watching :)
At our tests, I played the whole mod with a character's level below 10. It's possible, if you don't kill everything, that is moving (some enemy levels are oriented at the player's level and also the respawn script reacts to it). We want the player to use his brain too, not only his sword. We changed the AI for that.
2.4 You must do the quests witch starts with the strange meat bug and be consequent in asking about becoming a mage. But pay attention: In our mod, you can not raise over circle 3.
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

Well, here we are, another day, another set of questions:
1. Where am I supposed to find a tongue of fire, because I asked every NPC in the game, no one has any, not even the young lizards...
2. After I tell Taliasan that I went though the portal, he tells me that he'll give me two elixirs of strenght, but instead he gives me two elixirs of mana.
3. The armors in this game are a lot harder than in the original, are they not?
This is about it for today - thanks!
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

skywriter hat geschrieben:Well, here we are, another day, another set of questions:
1. Where am I supposed to find a tongue of fire, because I asked every NPC in the game, no one has any, not even the young lizards...
You need the special ability of taking the tongue. You may learn this from a book that you can find on a mountain in the swamp.
But there is another way: Do you remember the lurker. In his cave you can also find a chest. The key is in the cave behind.

It's normal that you don't get elixiers of strengh when you inform him about the teleporters (maybe wrong dialog). I'm not really sure but I think that the armour was not altered.
I'm sure that Moe can give a detailed answer.

One thing: The qest "The stranger" is a little bit buggy. When you meet Barem go to the near forest. Some wolves appear. Don't attack them, go back to Barem and let him kill the beasts. Then there will be the final dialog.
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

to complete Freddy answer:
The main armors where not changed in their protection attributes. I gave them only a new attribute (the request for strength and the decrease of strength, when you put them on), but it is independent of the protection. But sure, it seems, that they have a less quality, because you are no more free to use them, when you want to. Perhabs I should explain one thing another time: Diccuric doesn't want the player to push his character to the higher levels. Actually, I designed my quests (about 80-90 percent of all quests) for a low level character and fixed the scripts with the patch 1.1 (necessary for the English translation) for high character (they got to easy). That means, that we built in some reactions to high level characters to make things less easy (raise of enemies' attributes and such things). For example, we never planed to use Razors as "normal" enemies, but I must react to the player who liked to upgrade there characters and expand my respawn script.

The quests around the stranger requests a lot of things, that were unclean in the Gothic1 engine. So you need some luck, that it reads everything as I wished it to do. One of the biggest problem at the creation was, that Gothic reacts in the Development and Player version different at some situations. As you can think, I activated always the Development versions and so everything wents fine and sometimes at tests, I was to lazy to write "-devmode" and runed those things in Player mode (or our betatesters played those quests) - and I had to redesign complete scripts. But yes, it is possible, that we oversaw some things. So I aplogize for some scripting bugs, we did our best to find them. If one of us scripting guys has some time left, we probanly fix the last bugs (at least for the English translation). But please apoligize, if we decide to use such free time for our new project. It will replace the mod and include its whole story.
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

By refering to the armors, I meant that they were "harder" as in with better protection attributes, not that they have a lower quality. I thought of this because since I bought the "Shadow Dress" I take very little damage from wolves and scavangers. Anyway - updating the script with the respawn is a good thing, and maybe you should take it further - I don't know how far does it increase the levels of the enemies - maybe trolls would appear instead of scavangers :P.
As for the bugs part - every game has bugs, that isn't such a big problem - at least here I didn't find that kind of nasty bugs that could really affect the story or the gameplay. You should definitely focus on the second part :D.
That's it for now - good luck, I'm going after that lurker!

p.s. You're doing a great job!
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

I have a new list of hints/tips for you guys. Mind though that I don't expect these to be implemented in this version of Diccuric, if you should take them into consideration for the second part, it would be great!
Here goes:

1. There is a bg problem with the merchants, the way I see it. I am out of arrows :? . The merchant's stock doesn't replenish so I can't find any more arrows to buy. Another thing is that the stock they have at the beginning lasts throughout the game. The weapons - bows and swords - should appear gradually, not all at the same time, same goes for the rings, amulets, runes armors etc. I don't know - after several in-game days have passed, or after the character reaches a certain level.

2. The quest about getting to the mine on the ramp crate. This might not be true for everybody, but after I failed that once, and reloaded, the game quit to windows. That happend about four times - the first try works, but if I reload it crashes. Anyhow, I solved this quest, so it's more of a notice.

3. In the night sky I noticed the letters: K S O - would you happen to have anything to do with this, or the piranha - guys. Again, just curious.:P

4. There is another problem with the dialogue - if someone has a long line and it exceeds the maximum lenght of the current line, instead of appearing in the next line-screen, that part it doesn't appear at all.

5. I found a rune in the northern cave - that with the wolves - called "auf den riesen - is this a copy of the rune I found on the scout?

6. In Diccuric 2 will the mages still be restricted to the 3-rd circle?

7. If I find a key in a certain cave, or area - the thing it opens is in the same area, right? I mean it can't be in the other end of the map...yes?

8. I found Lagariman :D. But the talk with him was somewhat confusing. Don't go giving me answers story-related now, but I want to know someting, more technical: if I believe him, I MUST become a mage? What if I want to ramain some sort of mercenary?

Thanks!
Freddy
Beitrag von Freddy »

I may answer some of the questions :
1. There is a bg problem with the merchants, the way I see it. I am out of arrows :? . The merchant's stock doesn't replenish so I can't find any more arrows to buy.
I never had that problem. After special events their stock will be refilled. I think it's after solving some quests. Try it later. You can also find some bags with arrows.
Another thing is that the stock they have at the beginning lasts throughout the game. The weapons - bows and swords - should appear gradually, not all at the same time, same goes for the rings, amulets, runes armors etc. I don't know - after several in-game days have passed, or after the character reaches a certain level.
Their stock already depends on solving quest. But you're right, you can buy the best items very soon. I'm sure TAGMT will alter this when Diccuric is really ready.
3. In the night sky I noticed the letters: K S O - would you happen to have anything to do with this, or the piranha - guys. Again, just curious.:P
It's a tribute to a musician form this group. He made some of the ingame music of gothic. You can see this in Gothic too.
5. I found a rune in the northern cave - that with the wolves - called "auf den riesen - is this a copy of the rune I found on the scout?
You should find this rune elsewhere. Are you really sure? It's not a copy. Try it!
7. If I find a key in a certain cave, or area - the thing it opens is in the same area, right? I mean it can't be in the other end of the map...yes?
That's right.
8. I found Lagariman :D. But the talk with him was somewhat confusing. Don't go giving me answers story-related now, but I want to know someting, more technical: if I believe him, I MUST become a mage? What if I want to ramain some sort of mercenary?
You must not become a mage.

A hint: The best things you can find at places that are hard to reach.

Lef for Moe :wink::

I have a new list of hints/tips for you guys. Mind though that I don't expect these to be implemented in this version of Diccuric, if you should take them into consideration for the second part, it would be great!

2. The quest about getting to the mine on the ramp crate. This might not be true for everybody, but after I failed that once, and reloaded, the game quit to windows. That happend about four times - the first try works, but if I reload it crashes. Anyhow, I solved this quest, so it's more of a notice.

4. There is another problem with the dialogue - if someone has a long line and it exceeds the maximum lenght of the current line, instead of appearing in the next line-screen, that part it doesn't appear at all.

6. In Diccuric 2 will the mages still be restricted to the 3-rd circle?
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

1. Could you give me a bit more details about that KSO guy? Is he a member of TAGMT or Piranha Bytes? He worked for Gothic 2 too?

2. Ok, I don't have to become a mage, but does that mean that I must simply ignore the quests (as in not come back to him for a month?).

3. I would use the rune, but it is for the fifth circle, so I can't.

4. I have "The Butcher", and although it is said to be a two-hander, Ardaric uses it as a one-hander.

Thanks!

p.s. For Moe: I still have some unanswered questions from my previous post.
36Kammern
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Beitrag von 36Kammern »

skywriter hat geschrieben:1. Could you give me a bit more details about that KSO guy? Is he a member of TAGMT or Piranha Bytes? He worked for Gothic 2 too?
i am not really sure, but i have heard that KSO is the abridged name of an old counter strike clan in which was Kairo (a memebr of piranha bytes), and so the appereance could be interpretet as a kind of greeting to this clan (but it is also possible that the guy who told me this, has only an entertaining phantasie :) )
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

Old questions:
2. There are some situations, when the game hangs because of some really weird things that we couldn't completly find or eliminate....this is one of those things.
4. The beta version of the English release should find exactly those lines, so that I can extend the scripts for some more text boxes.
6. We didn't decide about that yet. But as we create our own game, expect, that we won't copy the gothic system.

the new questions:
1. 36k answered already
2. you can't prevent to become some kind of magician and must do his (Lagariman's) quests - at least in the mod.
3. Are you sure, that's a rune, that we want you to use in this way? ;)
4. Sounds like a little bug.
skywriter
Beitrag von skywriter »

A new day has come, with a new set of questions/suggestion:

1. I think that you should limit the bonuses from mushrooms to mana and blueberries to strength to a certain number of increases.

2. I know you said that you designed most of the game (regarding quests) for a low-level character, but that quest - "The past" and the one with the amulets for Berengar - must be changed. Here is why: I got these quests let's say, in day 8. I found Lagarimar in day 18. What do you think I did all that time? That's right - I explored, I went hunting, I became more experienced. When I found that guy I was about level 18 or 19. You must find a way to point the player to the right place, somehow, or maybe keep him busy with some other quests, I don't know. Maybe even give him some sort of quests in the region, this way he will find Lagarimar sooner. Or another way - a better way, if you ask me - would be to spit this "main" quest into several smaller pieces, eventually mixed with some other quests. I think you got my point.

3. This game should most deffinetly be harder. If it comes as a shock to you, I'll explain myself. The beasts respawn, plants reappear, thus one isn't forced to explore or go further, because he can sum up all the experience he needs near the camp. Now I'm a special kind of guy, I like to explore, I like to check everything out, and I have a great sense to get into trouble, but that's just me :P. The point is, respawnable creatures mean inffinite experience which means high level characters, and that doesn't fit with you plan. Respawning plants mean a lot of elixirs - this is somewhat limited because of the lack of troll's nightshade and lab-flasks, it means a lot of potions, and a fourth stomach. I don't want you to get me wrong, I like respawning things, and they are well scattered across the game - both in time and space - but the quests - these should be more difficult.

4. By the way - this is somewhat related with 1 and 3 - I ate too many berries and something really funny happened - those who don't know - try eating around 100 berries in a single day :P.

5. Also after long, hard days, filled with conquest and sweat, my strenght dropped - a very nice touch.

6. This is more of a question: I used the "auf den riesen" rune, and it took me someplace nice, but there I found a letter - could you please tell me what it says? "Folge den plad der Erleuchtung oder: nur (runter) fligen ist schoner."

7. In the sequel you should definetely have more woods. I love the feeling of Gothic woods. :P

8. I told Lagariman that I don't believe him - if this is a possible alternate way to the story, and possibly a different ending, the man should attack back. I mean, I started to hit him, and instead of trying to fight back he was eating root soup and smoking. I mean, this attitude of his, is sure to turn around almost any player. I, at least, if I had any doubts about the truth in his words, now I'm sure that he tells the truth.

9. In Diccuric 2 you must change this "must" become a mage thing - I mean, forcing people to become a certain class isn't good, perhaps you should let them choose a set of quests fit for three different types of characters. This is just my humble opinion..

10. What is the exact purpose of that "shop" in the small castle? I mean that Smith guy only has a cigarette, an apple, a piece of bread and some gold - if I remember correctly. Either he receives a better stock, either he should get out of the business. :P

11. Why do the merchants have so many of the same product? Why in the name of Adannos would I need 5 Short Bows?

12. Speaking of Addanos - those gods - I forgot their names - make sure you make them appear more in the sequel. Or just by name, or some quests, or priests. 'Cause if you leave it like this - if this changes by the end of the game, my mistake - it's better to leave the old ones.

13. Is this world the same with the one in Gothic? This just strook me, speaking of the gods. There aren't the same guys, but Fisk is here, and Homer helped Lee build the dam...this is suspicious.

14. Bug report - I think - In the Test of Body, that darn orc kept running from me. I had to use Pyrokinetics on him to make it stop. It took me half an hour to kill that bastard - in the end he "took a tumble off the cliff" :))
Nice touch for making that one count as a "good kill".

15. I remebered something - that Koll guy, the one I raced as a quest from Graveyarn, I ran like hell from him, I ran from all the beasts, leaving them to him to deal with, and when I reached that wodden bridge, there he is, coming nicely down the path, like he already had the map. This is confusing, since he doesn't have it, but comes from the cartographer. I had to let him get killed by the goblins to make sure that he didn't have it, then go up the path myself to get it. This script, or whatever it is, must be changed,

16. Regarding Diccuric 2, and his new engine - you will keep the fighting system, won't you?

God, this is the longest post in my life - I hope somebody has the patience to read it. :P
Good night!

p.s. make sure you call me when the beta-testing starts at Diccuric 2 :P
Antworten