English translation beta: Please post bugs here

This is the right place to talk in English or any other language you would like to. But please do not expect, that we will understand every language. :)
Antworten
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
English translation beta: Please post bugs here

Beitrag von Moe »

Hi,

as you can read in our news, we released today a new beta version of our English translation. As you can image, we want to get this translation bugfree. Please support us and post everything, that you discover, here. Thank you!

Known bugs:
- apostrophe (') are not displayed
- the chapter screen is still German
- not a bug, but known: Intro/voice output is German only.

We hope, that you will enjoy playing Diccuric :)

ciao
Moe
Ondo

Beitrag von Ondo »

Hello, Moe,
I just sent you a corrected patch, named dic_1_1e1_eng.zip . Please test
it and if it is OK, you can publish it. (It still needs a README file.)
damn

bug

Beitrag von damn »

talisan the mage in the city talks german
Ondo

Re: bug

Beitrag von Ondo »

damn hat geschrieben:taliasan the mage in the city talks german
You are right. I started a new game and played from the beginning until I met Taliasan, and he indeed has German subtitles.

Additionally, although Rebecca has English subtitles, some of her quest notes are still in German.
Ondo

Beitrag von Ondo »

Inventory columns still have untranslated names (Waffen, Rüstungen, ... instead of Weapons, Armor, ... )
emilyan

Beitrag von emilyan »

Ondo hat geschrieben:Inventory columns still have untranslated names (Waffen, Rüstungen, ... instead of Weapons, Armor, ... )
its verry hard to play diccuric cos i dont understand german, even if i have an english patch it doesnt changes the whole game from german to english. please, put that patch at downloads today!
Moe
Ragnarok
Ragnarok
Beitrag von Moe »

I fear, that I will not be able to fix the remaining bugs before march. Please report as much bugs as you can. For now, there is only the translation beta for Diccuric 1.1e
Ondo

Beitrag von Ondo »

emilyan hat geschrieben: its verry hard to play diccuric cos i dont understand german, even if i have an english patch it doesnt changes the whole game from german to english. please, put that patch at downloads today!
I think you ask for voice-output to be in English instead of in German. Unfortunately, this would require way more work than just translating subtitles...

Or maybe you don't have subtitles enabled, so that you just hear the German voices, but don't see the English text? Then go to Settings and enable subtitles... Regards, Ondo
Ondo

Re: bug

Beitrag von Ondo »

Ondo hat geschrieben:Inventory columns still have untranslated names (Waffen, Rüstungen, ... instead of Weapons, Armor, ... )
Additionally, although Rebecca has English subtitles, some of her quest notes are still in German.
I have identified the causes of the problem with untranslated inventory
columns and of the problem with untranslated quest notes from Rebecca
(and other NPCs from the farm), and I've sent the corrections to Moe.
Ondo

Beitrag von Ondo »

A user mentioned that Taliasan's list of ingredients is garbled:
http://www.diccuric.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 899#p11899
(EDIT 28.7.2008: corrected the link for the new forum version)

I looked at some more items and found more problematic ones:
ha_list (Taliasan's list of ingredients), KollsAmulette, Schmied_Schreiben, Tagebuch_Ardaric1, Tagebuch_Ardaric2, Tagebuch_Ardaric3, Tagebuch_Ardaric4, and maybe others. All these items are from the script Diccuric.d .
Antworten